Saturday 31 October 2015

Revit Rendering

I get a lot of questions from my students about rendering this time of year. Fair enough, it is a complex process of material setup and asset configuration. Add in the various options to rendering quality, lighting, shadows and rendering engines available and the outcome can be a slow and sometimes confusing process. 

I myself am no rendering expert. The type of work I do in the office often doesn't give me the opportunity to play with rendering as much as I would like. There are a number of rendering tips out there though, that I often refer too and share with others. 

I have collated a handful of them (some new, some old), hopefully they can assist you in getting the best outcomes from your rendering. 


Remember, a good rendering takes a lot of hours. Ensure you allow enough time in your program to spend on materials and lighting and also decide which rendering engine you will use from the start, as outcomes will vary. Also don't forget, Revit doesn't have to have the last word on the final render. Don't hesitate to take your final render into photoshop afterwards to make any final lighting and material tweaks to improve the final image. 

Finally, if you create a good quality material or bump file, don't lose it! Start your own material library and keep materials, entourage, lighting settings etc filed away, ready for next time. 

Happy Rendering! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.